Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baby Shower Word Game

We all have played those baby shower games. I'm not sure why they always have to be cheesy but they usually are. I was planning a baby shower and I made up a baby shower game that is just a combination of games I like to play. Word games.

Instructions:
Have different letters written down on different pieces of paper in front of the group.
Ask the guest of honor to select a letter.
On the back of the letter, write a word that starts with that letter. An example would be R is for baby registry or P is for popular baby names.
Give all the guests 1 minute to write down as many objects or things they can think of associated with that word or phrase the word is in.
When time is up each guest reads off what they wrote. If someone else in the group wrote down the same word they each get one point. If several people get the same word each of them still get one point and no additional points.
If you wrote down something that nobody else has than you don't get any points.
The object of the game is to get the most points by writing down words you think other people will think of.

Here are some ideas:
P is for Pregnancy symptoms
D is for objects in a Diaper bag
M is for milestones
F is for first baby Foods
H is for household Hazards when baby starts to walk or crawl
S is for getting baby to Sleep techniques
B is for things associated with Bath time
I is for baby Items you will go back to the store for time and time again.
C is for pregnant women food Cravings.

You could use this concept for bridal showers or general topics as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment