Friday, October 19, 2012

The end of its season

This spring we planted a garden.  We expanded the space of our garden and planted tomatoes, carrots, green beans, lettuce, basil, strawberries, cilantro and Cosmos. 

Mike built a fence for the garden.  Rabbits like to get into our garden so we put chicken coop around our garden. 

We had a horrible drought this summer. 

We received beautiful, beautiful rain late in the summer into fall.  The cosmos grew and grew. 

Our tomatoes did well.  Our green beans failed.  Our carrots were fun to pick but puny.  We ate some of the lettuce.  Mike liked it but it was a bit biter for my taste.  Whenever I find a strawberry I give it to Matt.  The basil did great and the cilantro was wonderful for early summer.  My favorite though was the cosmos.  They were beautiful. 

Also Mike's little wooden gate is charming.  There is something else he wanted to do to the fence.  Maybe we will do it next spring.  It will add a nice touch but I think it looks great right now. 







No comments:

Post a Comment