Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Spiritual Art

I was asked to help do a craft at our church that would be considered "Spiritual Art" and $2 per project.

Yay a crafty activity!! Well I first went to the mecca of all things crafty u-createcrafts.com and clicked on the label that said "religious". From there I found a cute temple block craft from the website lilluna.com. She and her husband antique temple pictures to be used for this craft. This project is becoming fairly popular based on the number of different temples she had on her site. However, she didn't have an Atlanta temple so my dear friend Stacy helped me out and sent me a great temple picture.

I was expecting 15-20 people to sign up but we had over 60 people sign up! We had around 50 people at the activity too. What can I say girls like to craft...or they like anything that is free.

I managed to stay in the budget and in the end spent $1.80 per craft. They didn't charge me at Home Depot to cut the wood so that was a life saver and I learned at Kinkos it's 9 cents a page to use the copy machine with USB port opposed to 48 cents a page to use the printer. It's the exact same quality. This helped me save so I could spend more money on ribbons. Everyone did a great job especially with their ribbons which is something I am very dysfunctional at.

There was a second craft too which were these cute vinyl tiles that are super easy but turn out so sharp.

2 comments:

  1. These turned out really cute! Glad I could help. $1.80 per craft is a great deal too! Nice work Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Please teach me!

    ReplyDelete