Thursday, June 21, 2012

4th of July Bandana Outfit

I've wanted to try to make something out of bandanas ever since I saw them being used on other craft blogs.  I took inspiration from this project found on the blog Tatertots and Jello by guest blogger at http://demilunes.co/ and just made it my own. 

There are two pieces.  A skirt made out of a single blue bandana. 


As well as a top/dress made with two bandanas.  I can't decide if I want to make it just a top or leave it long so it can be a dress or a top. 






Put it all together...




This is the first time I've tried shirring/smocking.  Wow, so easy and yet gratifying.  Here is a tutorial for shirring.  Elastic thread is fun to use. 




2 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! Love the outfit!
    She's adorable, too! Looks so much like her big brother :)

    ReplyDelete