My husband says I look Amish in this picture above. Ha! I totally do.
I've never worked with knit so while my mother-in-law was in town she showed me how to work with knit on my sewing machine by making me this dress. It's a dress I've been wanting to create. It's t-shirt sewn to some jersey knit material. My machine doesn't have a place for a double needle but she was able to make it work with basting stitches and zig zag stitches.
Tie in the back.
The T-Shirt Dress
I looked weirder in my smiling pictures so I'm stuck with this one.
The mini skirt
After cutting the t-shirt I had the bottom half left-over. Luckily I have a mini person in my household right now and I used the left-over t-shirt to make my first knit project. The hem was already taken care of so it was really just doing a casing and I left some space at the top for the "paper bag" effect.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete