Thursday, August 12, 2010

Feeling good about crafting

Months ago I was thinking it would be fun to get some friends together and make something for someone in need in our community. A great thought but I never got around to it. I became quite busy with the felt play house.

Yesterday I was looking at the website Made when I came across a new book called Craft Hope.
It's a book with lots of creative crafts that can all be given away to someone in need. The part I find really neat about this book is that at the end of each craft is a charity or organization that is in need of this object.
(Craft Hope by Jade Sims)
I'm in love!

I haven't bought the book but would definitely be interested in organizing a group of people that would be interested in crafting for a cause. I think it would make for a great church activity or a great way to get together with some friends or a great way to connect with friends via the web.

If you click here you can find more pictures and information from the website Made. I also learned Craft Hope has a website with projects to do on a continuous basis.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has any interest in doing a project together. Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested! PS--If you make a black apple doll, let me know before you start :) I have a few things I learned (the hard way) in making one.

    ReplyDelete