Sunday, July 25, 2010

Anthropologie inspired

I saw this...

so I made this...

I made my skirt longer and went for a black elastic waist band. The hardest part was pulling the elastic band tight while sewing the skirt onto it. This required a second person to help pull the elastic. I also had to relearn how to do a blind hem stitch but I think I could whip up a second skirt fairly quickly now.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love it! Teach me please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you can whip up a second skirt quickly now, I will take one in solid yellow. Hemline at the knee please. Black waistband okay. Pockets optional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie I can show you if you like. I found a tutorial for the same concept skirt after I made mine but we did construct ours differently.

    http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/2010/04/20-minute-skirt.html

    Tara, I'm lacking the funds to make free gifts for people but if you compensate for the cost I can make a skirt for you. However, if you make a cousin for Matthew I might be able to make some free things for you...haha (evil laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out really cute! I like your fabric with the border design on the hem. Very chic. Tara, you make me laugh. Meg, she does have a birthday coming up. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete