Saturday, June 19, 2010

My first garden




Sometimes I assume that I'll be a natural at gardening. Fairly presumptuous-I know. I'm equating the love of the outdoors to measure up to mad gardening skills. I decided to start my first garden with plants that grow easily. I've found myself calling my mom many times asking questions about watering, pot sizes, etc.

It's exciting to watch a plant grow from a tiny seed and so annoying to see that some bug is munching on my basil! Grr.

I'm growing two types of tomatoes, green bell pepper, and several herbs: oregano, basil, cilantro, chives.

I look forward to having a yard someday. There is something so rewarding about being outside soaking up the sun and enjoying God's beautiful earth.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you are growing things. Isn't it wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, Meg! Have you tasted any of your herbs yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have. Some basil and oregano. Yum.

    ReplyDelete