Awhile ago I was perusing the $1 bins at Target and came across a 4 pack of small plastic headbands. I grabbed two packs. I don't really wear headbands that much but I like the idea of them. Seems like there is a lot of headband crafts floating around the craft blogs so I thought I would give it a whirl. I'm not the biggest fan of the giant fake flowers on headbands. It reminds me of the side pony tail I sported as a child that looked like a water faucet flowing just above my ear. We look back and wonder why that was a cute trend. But I admit I love the ruffles, and fabric flowers that are popping up everywhere in women's fashion. I'm OK with flowers in the hair, I just like the proportion to be more head than flower.
These projects are great because I didn't have to buy anything (besides 25 cent headbands) and they are quick, satisfying projects.
I used scrap fabric, buttons and a glue gun for each project. I have my mom to thank for my fabric. Moms are great ways to build up scrap fabric supplies and there are so many crafts out there where all you need is odds and ends of fabric to make something fun.
Where do you get 25 cent headbands?
ReplyDeleteTarget pack of 4 in the dollar bin.
ReplyDeleteThose are stylin'!
ReplyDelete